Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Through this class (the discussions, readings and blogs), I am moving to a new place with what and how I teach. The seed of transformation is blowing at me again.

Fourteen years ago I became a teacher. I was gung-ho, trying to teach my colleagues the wonders of integrating technology, as I learned myself. I teach in isolation but work with everyone in the school. As I reached out trying to have an effect on how our children access information and learn, always trying to hook a new adventurer, or nudge a reluctant teacher along...there were many conversations and attempts that stood still. I learned who might be interested and how I may be able to help them. I found my customers. I have had many successful opportunities to encourage and support the use of technology in the classroom, but somewhere along the way, the converstions and prodding got quieter.

The conversations have gotten louder again with new material. I am excited as I meet new staff who embrace learning with the advantage of technology. I am also eager to learn from my students who often are at the cutting edge of whats up and whats new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home